in the two weeks i have been here, i have:
1. unpacked at least 100 boxes, which would be more impressive if i didn't still have about 200 to go;
2. gotten the kitchen, sophie's room, gus' room and our room moved in and functional;
3. arranged to have the city correct a 16-year old problem with our drainage that would have cost us thousands of dollars to fix;
4. identified about a dozen invasive species in our yard (is it a yard?) and tried to remove as many as possible--the highlight being smilax tamnoides, which will have its own post soon;
5. enrolled in a master gardener's class (which i still haven't been approved to attend, but it is something i have long wanted to do);
6. found and enrolled sophie in an excellent little preschool;
7. became room mother for sophie's class in said excellent little preschool;
8. got gus enrolled in his excellent little elementary (no thanks to his old school--manzano day school, which inexplicably refused to forward his new school his records);
9. became room mother for gus' class in said excellent little elementary.
i think i can officially be said to be trying. either that or it is time to cut the dose.