Friday, June 29, 2007

la chaise dans le rouge

(trans. "the chair in red")

i absolutely love and adore this painting. it is the polar opposite of what i wrote my dissertation on (minimalism, donald judd, marfa before the art boom, etc.) but i have to admit that i totally enjoy living with this art. it couldn't be more emotionally-based if it tried--it is french post-impressionism at its best, and this artist displays such a great understanding of matisse and his use of color and line. i love the organic lines of the chair--it looks like it could wiggle off the canvas and make itself at home in my living room. come visit my new awesome painting anytime!

1 comment:

  1. I love the frame. I love the description - so accurate. The artist is so fantastic, I wish I had one just like it. Enjoy.
    Nanno

    ReplyDelete