Monday, July 27, 2009

what the hell just happened?

i was sitting here, minding my own business, wallowing in my sorrows, when my most beloved little sister called me out of the blue and said she was jumping on a plane in 12 hours and coming to stay with me! she did and she did, and i just put her back on a plane to houston. it was a wonderful surprise visit that was most generously facilitated by lauree, so THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for that! i absolutely loved having her here.

but, before i could get too sad about her departure, i got a ring at my doorbell just after getting home from the airport to find that my movers had arrived a day early. welcome back to iowa, indeed. being me i was counting on these last 24 hours to get all the laundry done that i hadn't done for the past two weeks, going through the house and finding all my jewelry and packing it, and stuff like that...none of which has been done. none.

SO, i'm entertaining packers and i am not even close to ready to move myself. i guess i kinda have to be now, though! i'm posting something tomorrow that was to be our latest change-of-address card, but it got too wordy and i think it is better served here. look for it.

yay packing....woohoo....

No comments:

Post a Comment