Friday, October 19, 2007

venice pictures: despoblado



i am still working on venice pix, but at least i have them narrowed down to like 75 (and another 75 or so of gus, rich and sophie). here are a selection of the (mostly) people-free images from the trip--more will be up at argusgallery.com very soon. keep in mind that these are from a piddily little digital camera, not hasselblad images like these are. i love and adore my hasselblad, but i didn't bring it with me this last trip--i just couldn't see trying to shoot anything while watching to see if gus or sophie (most likely sophie) was going to fall into a canal. i am absolutely dying to get this back for my camera, but it is just a little too much. it would eliminate the need for building a darkroom at my house, which is sad but probably the direction i have to go. my film and all of my papers have become obsolete and are now long out of production. it is only a matter of time before the chemistry becomes as hard to find. and there's the little matter of caring for gus and sophie, which kinda takes all my waking hours. also, rich isn't too keen on giving up his workout area for my darkroom. i should probably get a small business loan and just do it.

maybe i should raise my prices at photoeye and go for the digital back...

enjoy--let me know what you think!




























No comments:

Post a Comment